With the advent of the ‘internet of things’ the rapid changing market places, business advances progressing faster every day, as a leader: How can you lead and manage your people, as well as your organisation, in this ever changing world? Despite being beneficial at time, these changes have brought with it increased volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity or, as it’s now known in leadership terminology as – VUCA. VUCA is now seen as the ‘new norm’, with ‘VUCA Leadership’ defining the new art and style of leadership in the 21st Century.
This training course will provide you with the confidence, skills and techniques to fully understand the implications of VUCA on your people and your organisation. It will enable you to conduct and apply the techniques required to master this new style and art of leadership. The training course will breakdown the implications of VUCA, how to turn this into positive leadership attributes and behaviours to master VUCA, and the skills and strategy to ensure its success. By the end of the training seminar, you will have the confidence to control VUCA effectively, thereby increasing your expanding leadership knowledge and mastery. This training course is essential for those who wish to learn key behavioural principles in leading people in today’s rapidly changing VUCA world.
This training will highlight:
- The key components of active leadership, self-awareness and the power of emotional
intelligence in leading through VUCA
- How to recognize volatility in the business and turn this to positive vision
- How to define uncertainty in your organisation, and turn this to understanding
- How to understand complexity in the organisation and to turn this to clarity for your people
- How to identify ambiguity in the business and adapt this to agility
- The key principles and process to lead your people, teams and the organisation through VUCA
How Will You Benefit
Upon completion of this programme, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the impact of VUCA on leading styles in today’s dynamic business.
- Critically analyze the VUCA principle.
- Apply powerful skills and techniques to lead through VUCA.
- Increase self-awareness of your leadership ability in today’s changing world.
- Apply techniques to lead, motivate and inspire individuals to their full-potential.
- Demonstrate the best leadership principles.
- Develop as an effective and efficient leader in the modern world.
Organizations will greatly benefit from sending delegates on the training course by:
- Ensuring that there is full understanding of VUCA Leadership, so eliminating confusion and misinterpretation.
- Gaining more motivated, confident and proficient future leaders in the organisation
- Increasing the positive interpersonal behaviours and communication skills of individuals and leadership in the organisation.
- Reducing workplace problems and issues through effective VUCA Leadership strategies and techniques.
- Increasing decision making, strategy and positive leadership across the organisation.
- Developing leadership, ownership and empowerment within the organisation.
- Have a positive impact on the business and business growth.
As a participant on the training course you will gain:
- A greater understanding and application of VUCA Leadership techniques.
- Critical leadership development increasing emotional intelligence, self-awareness and fulfilment.
- Techniques to help empower people to achieve greater potential and development
- An increased awareness of your behaviour and communication skills and how to improve these.
- Pro-actively develop and help influence VUCA Leadership to those around you.
- Have a positive impact on the business and your own leadership development and growth.
Participants to this training course will receive a thorough training on the subjects covered by the course outline with the instructor utilising a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques. The highly interactive and participative training course methodology includes highly practical examples and activities relating to the core competencies of VUCA Leadership; specific videos relating to the topics being discussed; as well as targeted, highly interactive exercises ensure learning is fully embedded during the training course. In addition, there will be structured, facilitated discussions to help reinforce the concepts and techniques used.
- Senior managers
- Middle managers
- Identified talent, high potentials and future leaders in the business
Module 1: VUCA Leadership in the Modern World
- Defining VUCA in the modern world: the ‘new norm’
- Understanding Leadership ( Growth Mindset)
- Traditional Leadership styles vs. VUCA Leadership
- Emotional Intelligence and the Self-aware VUCA Leader
- Leading through Change: key principles needed for VUCA
Module 2: VUCA: from Volatility to Vision
- Defining ‘Volatility’ in the VUCA framework
- Impact of volatility in the team and organisation (Coordination)
- Providing effective leadership in time of volatility
- Building rapport and developing trust (Making Employees Worth)
- Turning Volatility to Vision (Iceberg Theory)
- Leading people to the powerful Vision
Module 3: VUCA: from Uncertainty to Understanding
- Factors effecting uncertainty
- Understand your team and organisation dynamics (Knowing “YOU”)
- Key communication principles to gain understanding (Power of Influence)
- Coaching and Mentoring to combat and control uncertainty (Hole of Darkness)
- Leading understanding in the workplace
Module 4: VUCA: from Complexity to Clarity
- Why so complex?
- Check and clarify: the keys to gain clarity
- Using RACI to define roles and responsibilities (Clarity Challenges)
- Creative thinking to gain clarity
- Problem solving and decision making methods to aid clarity
- Communicating clarity to your people (Impactful Communication)
Module 5: VUCA: from Ambiguity to Agility
- Defining ambiguity v agility in VUCA
- Reactive v Pro-active strategies in the workplace (Critical vs Creative)
- Continuous Improvement: adapt and agile (Constructive)
- Developing an agile team: empowerment
- Organisation agility (Strategic Management)